Mechanical engineering is the field of engineering that uses the principles of engineering, physics and material science to design and maintain mechanical systems. It uses the concepts of mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science and structural analysis for operation of machines and tools. The duration of the course is 3 years, divided into 6 semesters. Polytechnic Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course at BFIT is affiliated to Uttarakhand Board of Technical Education.
Some of the innovative applications of mechanical engineering are manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices and weapons. Mechanical engineers excel at designing things, especially complex items like racing yachts, robots, sawmills and aeroplanes. They also design industrial machinery and processes, which make other things, such as paper mills or car assembly plants. Mechanical engineering also involves the efficient use of energy in processes such as heating system for hospital or refrigeration plant for food exports. It deals with all aspects of the conversion of thermal energy into useful work and the machines that make this possible.
It is a very broad field of engineering that involves the application of physical principles for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. Mechanical Engineers are required in all manufacturing facilities. The working criteria of a mechanical engineer changes according to the type and domain of the company they are working with and the area of specialization.
There is tremendous scope for mechanical engineers in automobile engineering, cement industry, steel, power sector, hydraulics, manufacturing plants, drilling and mining industry, petroleum, aeronautical, biotechnology and many more. Nowadays they are also increasingly needed in the environmental and bio-medical fields.
• 10th must be completed by you with at least 40% marks from a recognized Education board.
• You must not have any backlog left in 10th.
• Your age must not be more than 23 years.
• ITI course must be pursued by you from a recognized ITI Institute.
• You must have passed your course with at least 33% marks.
• Your age must not be more than 23 years.
• 12th must be completed by you in any Vocational category courses from a recognized Vocational Institute.
• You must have completed your Vocational course with at least 33% marks.
• 12th must be completed by you with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Maths) from a recognized Education Board.
• 12th must be completed by at least 40% marks.
NOTE: On the basis of 10th you will get admission in 1st year of Diploma course, whereas on the basis of ITI or 12th with Vocational, PCM you will directly get admission in 2nd year of Diploma course.
Since Mechanical Engineering is the broadest of all Engineering fields, the job prospectus on offer for skilled mechanical engineers are a plenty and unending. Mechanical Engineers are required to design, test, manufacture, install, operate and maintain a wide array of machines and mechanical systems that are used in countless industries. These professionals can find employment both in the government and private sector undertakings.
Mechanical Engineers can work in thermal power industry, gas turbines industry, air conditioning and refrigeration industry, oil and gas exploration and refining industries, agricultural sector, educational sector, aviation companies, shipping industries, aerospace industry, armed forces, pharmaceutical, automobile industry and many others.
Students can also go for a teaching career after mechanical engineering. This will include teaching subjects in mechanical engineering in top engineering colleges of India. The pay package is good for professors of this branch of engineering. Big firms like Siemens, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd, Bharat Electronics Limited, Chennai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. and many others hire these engineers.
Diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering can have various career opportunities in public/private sector firms. National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya , BPCL.
The profile of Junior Engineering Assistant’ in Indian Oil Corporation Limited is also suitable for these candidates. In Rourkela Steel Plant/Bokaro Steel Plant, these candidates can join as ‘Operator Cum Technician Trainee’.
Institute of Plastic Research is another prospective employer of diploma holders in mechanical engineering. Eligible candidates are often recruited to the job profile of Graduate/Technician Trainee. CISF/ Air Force also offer career opportunities for qualified candidates. Apart from this, these candidates can try for jobs in BHEL, BEL, and Tata.
Mechanical Engineering finds applications in all fields of technology. The main job of a mechanical engineer is to make things work. These “things” can be car engines, airplanes engines, power plants, air conditioners, lawn mowers or even exercise equipments.
Mechanical engineers can thus get employed in nearly every industry whether private or public sector, with most working for manufacturing firms and a considerable number, working in consulting services. They can get employed in government departments like
* Technical wings of armed forces
* space research organization
* Industries like the aeronautical, agricultural, automobile, chemical, bio-medical equipment manufacturers, energy, power, electronics, steel, oil exploration and refining, railways, etc.
* 8 passport size photographs.
* TC & Migration Certificate. *Character certificate from the last school attended.
* 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
* 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
* 3 sets of photocopies of all the above documents.
* Copies of extracurricular/sports or any other major achievement done on basis of which additional consideration is being made.
Upon verification of the above documents, the candidates shall appear for their Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
1. If any of the above mentioned documents are not available, then the admission given shall be provisional basis unless submitted. The required documents will have to be submitted latest by 25th July 2018.
2. The merit list is drawn on the basis of weightage as under-
Class 12th – 50%
Personal Interview – 50%
A merit list will be drawn on the basis of above. Those shortlisted, an offer/short listing letter will be sent to them. On Receipt of the above letter, students need to confirm their admission within 15 days of receiving the communication and deposit the course fee.
The fee can be deposited online through our website or by making Demand Draft in favor of BFIT payable at Dehradun by depositing the cash in ICICI Bank or you can transfer money from any bank through RTGS/NEFT.
|BANK NAME- ICICI BANK
A/C HOLDER-BFIT TECHNICAL CAMPUS
BRANCH- ANURAG CHOWK, DEHRADUN
IFSC CODE -ICIC0002438
|BANK NAME- SBI BANK
BRANCH- IMA, DEHRADUN
IFSC CODE –SBIN0000739
|BANK NAME- IDBI BANK
BRANCH- GMS ROAD, DEHRADUN
IFSC CODE –IBKL0001764
* 1.1: English and Communication Skills – I
* 1.2: Applied Mathematics – I
* 1.3: Applied Physics – I
* 1.4: Applied Chemistry – I
* 1.5: Basics of Information Technology
* 1.6: Engineering Drawing – I
* 1.7: General Workshop Practice – I
* 2.1: English and Communication Skills – II
* 2.2: Applied Mathematics – II
* 2.3: Applied Physics – II
* 2.4: Applied Chemistry – II
* 2.5: Environmental Science
* 2.6: Engineering Drawing – II
* 2.7: General Workshop Practice – II
* 3.1: Applied Mechanics
* 3.2: Material Science & Metallurgy
* 3.3: Workshop Technology
* 3.4: Machine Drawing
* 3.5: Thermodynamics
* 3.6: Basic Electrical & Electronics Technology
* 4.1: Strength of Materials
* 4.2: Applied Thermal Engineering
* 4.3: Basic Civil Engineering
* 4.4: Production Technology
* 4.5: Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machines
* 4.6: Metrology
* 4.8: Industrial Training
* 5.1: Computer Applications In Mechanical Drafting, Design And Analysis
* 5.2: Dynamics Of Machines
* 5.3: Machine Element Design
* 5.4: Operation Management
* 5.5: CNC Machines And Automation
* 5.6: Maintenance Engineering
* 6.1: Entrepreneurship Development And Management
* 6.2: Advanced Machine Design
* 6.3: Automobile Engineering
* 6.4: Power Plant Engineering
* 6.5: Mechatronics
* 6.6: Project Work
* 6.7: Employable Skills
|Details||Ist Year||IInd Year||IIIrd Year|
|Form Fee||Rs. 500/-||NA||NA|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 3,000/-||NA||NA|
|Campus Fee||Rs. 7,500/-||NA||NA|
|Other Charges (Uniform, Lab practical, Seminar etc.)||Rs. 11,500/-||NA||NA|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 35,000/-||Rs. 35,000/-||Rs. 35,000/-|
|Library||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Other Charges (ID card/Marathon/SMS etc.)||Rs. 940/-||NA||NA|
|Medical Consultation Charges||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 800/-|
|Dissertation/Internship/Training Charges (wherever applicable)||(wherever applicable)||(wherever applicable)||(wherever applicable)|
|University Exam Fee||As per the University Norms||As per the University Norms||As per the University Norms|
Awarded Best Multi-Disciplinary College in India.
Awarded Best Emplacement College in India.
Awarded Best Technical & Professional College in Uttarakhand (North India).
Awarded Best Academic Leadership Award in IT And Management Education.
Awarded Best B-school & Mass Comm. College in North India.
Awarded Best Leading Management And Technical Institution.
Change can be the foundation of competitive advantage and reacting to changing industrial scenarios, BFIT Group of Institutions addresses the need for change in higher education with a promising attitude.
“If one is confident, positive and hardworking then nothing can stop you from achieving your goals and be successful in life,this is what I learnt from my college and this is now philosophy of my life.I got placed in mechanical engineering and for that i would like to thank my college for the support to increase my potential and for shaping my career.”
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
Give up on your frustration but never on your hopes. Give up thinking about your setbacks but never on your goals. Give up worrying about your past but never on your future.
“A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”
It is a great University and I wish the best of future to the University and its teachers, and would definitely like to be associated with it for the rest of my life
BFIT has given me the image of what I am today, the learning experience and the interaction with the teachers throughout my degree has been marvelous.
I found guidance, friendship , discipline and love, everything, in one person. And that person is my Director sir.
I love BFIT The people. We meet so many interesting people, from the faces we see at parties, to the international students we have group projects with, to the greatest people you will ever have the pleasure of knowing.
I love BFIT College cultivates great friendships that last lifetimes because living with your best friends for forever creates an unbreakable bond.
See The BFIT in Your City
ARRAY PORA,OPPOSITE JEE ENN SON BAKERY,SRINAGAR-KASHMIR (J & K)
16AC/B, OPPOSITE WOMEN DEGREE COLLEGE,BEHIND SPICE FOOD COURT,GANDHI NAGAR-JAMMU(JAMMU & KASHMIR)
NEAR DR.AJAY PANDEY CLINIC,NAWABI ROAD,HALDWANI(UTTARAKHAND) PIN-263139
A-2,ABHISHEK APARTMENT,NEW BOAG ROAD,T NAGAR,CHENNAI(TAMIL NADU) PIN-600017
FLAT NO.2,GROUND FLOOR,RUKMANI APARTMENT,6 CHANDRALOK,NEAR HYDEL COLONY,ALIGANJ-LUCKNOW(U.P)
CHRISTIAN BASTI, AMRAVATI PATH,ARUNODOI ENCLAVE,FLAT NO. B-403,4TH FLOOR,GUWAHATI(ASSM) PIN-781019
2ND FLOOR,PANDOOI PLACE,BORING ROAD PATNA-1(BIHAR) PIN-800001
183 BLOCK A,LAKE TOWN,SILVER RESIDENCY,FLAT NO.1 B, KOLKATA(WEST BENGAL) PIN-700089
SHOP NO.22,BDS SHOPPING ARCADE,UPPER KHATLA AIZWAL(MIZORAM) PIN-796001
LOWER LACHUMIER,TEMPLE ROAD, NEAR SHILONG PRESS CLUB, SHILONG,(MEGHALAYA) PIN-793001
Near Laxmi Narayan Bari Road Opposite Laxmi Narayan Temple Banamalipur,Agartala,Tripura West Pin- 799001 CALL : +91-9719460505, 9720102040 ,8100333081 / 82.
3RD FLOOR, SHOP NO.9,ROSHPA TOWER,MAIN ROAD,RANCHI(JHARKHAND) PIN-834001
MIDDLE ROAD, OPPOSITE LANE NO.5,JOYNAGAR,AGARTALA(TRIPURA) PIN-799001
LAMABAM LEIKAI NAGAMAPAL RIMS ROAD CORNER,IMPHAL WEST,(MANIPUR) PIN NO-795004
FLAT NO.201,2ND FLOOR, KONARK TOWER, ABOVE KONARK DIAGNOSTIC CENTER,DILSUKHNAGAR,HYDERABAD(TELANGANA) PIN-500036
HOUSE NO-44/1124-B,NEW 70/1112-A,Sy-38/1,POTTAKUZHY LANE KALOOR,KOCHI(KERALA) PIN-682017