Best BSc Agriculture Colleges in India
Best B.Sc Agriculture College in Dehradun
Top BSc Agriculture College in Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Agriculture is the branch of science that is mainly concerned with farming and the cultivation of varied plants used to enhance the quality of the human race. The study of Agriculture, popularly known as Agriculture Science is a multi-dimensional field which not only includes science, but also business and technical aspects related to this field.
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is a four year graduation course, which is further divided into eight semesters. The government has recognized this program to be a professional degree as agriculture contributes a major part in India’s GDP and employment percentage. The undergraduates get an in-depth knowledge regarding soils, water harvesting, animal husbandry and some aspects of biotechnology as well.
The BSc in Agriculture degree at Baba Farid Institute of Technology which is considered as the top best agriculture colleges in Dehradun is affiliated to HNB Gharwal Central University.
Why choose BFIT for Agriculture science?
Baba Farid Institute of Technology, being affiliated to HNB Garhwal Central University is one of the best BSc agriculture college in Dehradun India providing a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture. We prioritize on-
- Training of students
- Organizing farmers training workshops
- Field experiments
- Research in agricultural and allied sectors on a techno-commercial scale.
We provide high-tech facilities to our students including well-equipped teaching labs and analytical instrumentation, smart classes and conference halls. Our Institutes also provide ample space for conducting agricultural research or training. Agriculture Science has a vast scope after graduation and students can opt for masters in disciplines like forestry, horticulture, agronomy, food technology from BFIT as well.
BSc Agriculture Eligibility
- The students who have passed 10+2 or had given senior secondary examination with Maths/Biology/Agriculture from any recognized board.
- The minimum percentage required is 45% for GENERAL/OBC and 40% for ST/SC.
B.Sc Agriculture Scope in India
India being an agricultural country, two-third of the total population is engaged in this field directly or indirectly. As it is an essential part of people’s livelihood, agriculture graduates can work both in the public and private sector according to their preference. Some of the government jobs in this field are-
- Assistant Inspector, Deputy Inspector, Officers- For one to be eligible for this post, the candidate has to clear UPSC IFS exam.
- Foreman, Laboratory Assistant, Scientific Assistant, Agriculture Officer- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is in charge of recruiting candidates for the various posts.
- Agricultural Field Officer- For a candidate to be eligible for this post, he/she has to clear the IBPS SO exam.
- NABARD (National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development)- Each year, NABARD releases job openings of Office Attendant, Agriculture Officers, Assistant Officers/Managers in which agriculture degree holders can apply. Apart from the exam the candidate must also clear the personal interview.
Some private sector jobs for agriculture graduates are-
- Crop Specialist- An agriculturalist can use their understanding about crops and their new strains, making suitable choices of crops and keeping them away from pests and diseases.
- Fertilizer Sales Representative- They demonstrate and sell essential agriculture equipment and supplements to the farmers.
- Food Microbiologist- They mainly engage themselves in interactions of food, microorganisms and the environment so ensure that the quality is not affected and it is safe to sell and consume.
- Food researcher- A Food Researcher or a Food Scientist mostly test the sample of different ingredients and food items certifying its safety.
- Plant Geneticist- A plant Geneticist works on improving breeding methods of plants with the help of botany.
- Soil Surveyor- A Soil Surveyor observes the soil of an area to classify and map the properties of it.
- Farm Manager- They are responsible for obtaining the maximum profitability from crops and other farming activities.
The companies where candidates can apply for the above-mentioned job profiles are-
- Rallis India Limited
- Advanta Limited
- Nuziveedu Seeds Limited
- Lemken India Agro Equipment Private Limited
Other School Of Agriculture Science Program
Fee is applicable to applicants admitted on the basis of AIBFEE (B.Sc Agriculture).
Download fee structure from the below link: Click Here
Agriculture Admission 2022 Process
Admission in Under Graduate Course- B.Sc Agriculture is based on Percentage of the XII standard / AIBFEE Exam / GD-PI.
B.Sc Agriculture Syllabus
|1||Fundamentals of Agronomy|
|2||Fundamentals of Genetics|
|3||Fundamentals of Soil Science|
|4||Fundamentals of Horticulture|
|5||Rural Sociology & Educational Psychology|
|6||Introduction to Forestry|
|7||Introductory Animal Husbandry|
|8||Comprehension & Communication Skills in English|
|10||Introductory Biology/Basic Agriculture-I|
|11||Elementary Mathematics/ Basic AgricuIture-II|
|Non Gradial Courses|
|12||NSS/NCC/Physical Education & Yoga Practices|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are several benefits of ICAR accreditation. Candidate will get a chance to study in top rated state agriculture university and also institutes which have ICAR accreditation are funded regularly by ICAR for several projects.
Non-ICAR accredited universities are not funded by the government for several projects which are required for the candidates for better understanding of the subject. Thus, it leads to low quality education.
No, students are not eligible to work as SRF and JRF in ICAR institutes and universities even if their degree is from a non ICAR accredited university.
Average salary offered is INR 4LPA to INR 7LPA.